Skip to main content

DRAGONFLY Celestial Songs EP 1968 Dutch Psychedelic Rock

DRAGONFLY Celestial Songs EP 1968 Dutch Psychedelic Rock



BANDA HOLANDESA QUE GRAVOU APENAS ESSE EP COM UM ROCK PSICOD�LICO E ALGUMAS EXPERIMENTA��ES DE BOA QUALIDADE E QUE MERECIA UMA CONTINUIDADE!! NO LADO 1 TEMOS A PRIMEIRA FAIXA COM TOQUES PSYCH-FOLK, SE��ES JAZZY, GUITARRAS TRABALHANDO LEGAL E ALGUNS BARULHOS ESTRANHOS COM SINTETIZADORES!! J� NA SEGUNDA M�SICA O RITMO J� DESCAMBA PARA PSYCH GARAGE COM GUITARRAS FUZZY, OU SEJA, NO PRIMEIRO LADO DO EP J� TEMOS UMA BOA VARIA��O MUSICAL!! NO LADO 2 O ROCK � MAIS LEVE UM POUCO COM PASSAGENS POP PSYCH, RITMOS DE JAZZ MAS TAMB�M DE BOA QUALIDADE!! A INSPIRA��O DA BANDA ERA DECLARADAMENTE THE DOORS, JIMI HENDRIX E MOBY GRAPE!! FIZERAM ALGUMAS TURN�S PELA HOLANDA E PELA INGLATERRA, MAS A BANDA TERMINOU DEPOIS DE ROMPER COM O EMPRES�RIO DELES E A PARTIR DA� OS SHOWS FORAM CANCELADOS E OS COMPONENTES SE DISPERSARAM!! JOHN CALJOUW JUNTOU-SE A BANDA MACHINE (POSTADA AQUI NO BLOG) E OS IRM�OS RUDY E TONY QUELJOE FORAM PARA A BRAINBOX (TAMB�M POSTADA AQUI NO BLOG)!! EM 1977 OS IRM�O TENTARAM REAVIVAR A BANDA MAS O PROJETO N�O EVOLUIU!! TONY FALAECEU A ALGUNS ANOS ATR�S!! VENENO HOLAND�S RARO E BOM!!

DragonflyThe brothers Rudy and Tonny de Queljoe moved from Ambon to the Netherlands in 1951. They played in several bands like Johnny and the Blue Jeans, The Sharks, Dragonfly. In the latter band the brothers played together and the singer was Johhny Caljouw. Due to animosity the three started a new formation: The Beat Five. The name however was soon changed to Group 69 Sect. Other members of thsi band were Huib Power (drums) and Carlos van den Berg (guitar). When Hans Verhagen became their manager, they changed their name to Dragonfly.  DragonflyThe music they played was inspired by The Doors, Jimi Hendrix and Moby Grape. They release two singles in 1968: "Celestial dreams / Desert of Almond" (Philips JF333927) and "Celestial empire / Prince of Amboyna" (Philips JF334536). They toured in the Netherlands, but also in England in clubs like The Speakeasy and Middle Earth. The band finally ended after they broke up with their manager, who as a reaction cancelled al their remaining gigs. leaving them out of work. Caljouw joined Machine, de Queljoe brohters would play in several bands like Brainbox. In 1977 John and Rudi tried to revive the band, but this attempt failed. After that Rudi played in Vitesse and Masada. Tony passed away several years ago.


John Caljouw: Vocals
Huib Power: Drums
Rudy de Queljoe: Guitar
Tony de Queljoe: Bass guitar

Celestial Dreams 4:09
Desert Of Almond 3:30
Celestial Empire 2:27
Prince Of Amboyna 2:47

#########
#########
#########

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...