Skip to main content

DRE4MTR4CK Eurorack Sequencer Module

DRE4MTR4CK Eurorack Sequencer Module



The DRE4MTR4CK is my custom Eurorack module that has been two months in development. DRE4MTR4CK is a simple and intuitive Polyrhythmic Organic Melody Progression Sequencer in a mere 12HP.

It has 4 independent, externally clocked tracks with 4 steps each. Each track sends pitch CV to one of your VCO modules. With external clocking, you decide if timing is slow and dreamy, bouncy and up-tempo, or all out fury going into audio rates.

Unused clock inputs are multiples from input 1. Clocking can be interrupted for a track by inserting a floating patchcord. Manually trigger a track step using the TRIG buttons. Intuitively build evolving chords or poly-rhythmic note progressions.

Simple pattern modes and Octave transpose for each track provide seemingly endless note progression. Mix things up with Step reset and track data Rotate to re-circulate CVs among your VCOs. 16 memories are provided for program note data storage. Recall of programs during performance provides changes in melodic or chord structures on-the-fly.

***** SPECS ******
4-tracks
4-steps per track
Chromatic Scale Note Quantization
4x4 LED Matrix

EACH TRACK has
- 1 external clock input.
- 1 duplicated, unbuffered clock out signal for clocking other devices
- Independent Pattern selection: Forward/Reverse/Forward-Reverse/ZIGZAG
- pitch CV output 1v/oct over 5v range
- Octave Transpose +/- 2 octaves selection
- Store/Recall 16 non-volitile memories in EEPROM
- Note programming on a per-step basis

Clocking Behaviour Options
- Unused clock inputs are duplicated from input #1
- Interrupt clocking by inserting a floating patchcord
- Manual trigger sent to clock out using the TRIG buttons

Programmer Interface
- 1 Data Pot
- 12 Momentary Buttons
- 16 LEDs

Memory and Processing
- 16 non-volatile memories in EEPROM for note data
- Processing Speed: 20MHz

INPUT 1/8" MINIJACKS
- 4 clock inputs
- 1 control input for RESET
- 1 control input for ROTATE

OUTPUT 1/8" MINIJACKS
- 4 unbuffered clock outputs (multed from inputs) + manual trigger
- 4 buffered 1V/oct pitch CV outputs, each 0-5v

Internal Clocking: none
External Clocking: 4 inputs

SIZE: 12 HP (60.60mm) Eurorack format, 3U high

POWER OPTIONS
Accepts standard keyed 2x8 (16-pin) eurorack ribbon cable (included)
Jumper/Shunt Setting:
- Option #1. (default) uses 5v input from your system power supply (if provided)
- Option #2. Draws power from +12v line. Requires Maxim Integrated
700-REF02CP 5v regulator (sold separately)

MEASURED CURRENT DRAW
Option #1 (default): 5v from Euro Power
+12v @ 3 mA
-12v @ 3 mA
+5v @ 103 mA Peak, 5 mA typical
Option #2: 5v from REF02 chip
+12v @ 64 mA Peak, 8 mA typical
-12v @ 3 mA


The DRE4MTR4CK module has no affiliation with any persons with similar name.

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...