Skip to main content

Drei richtig gute neuere SF Romane Mit einem Nachtrag

Drei richtig gute neuere SF Romane Mit einem Nachtrag


Freund und Autorenkollege Ruben Wickenh�user schrieb neulich aus dem sch�nen Schweden

[...] brauche ich unbedingt eine kleine Aktualisierung, was sich so am SF-Himmel tut ... sprich was sich wirklich zu lesen lohnt

und da ich davon ausgehe, dass diese Frage auch einige von euch interessiert bzw. ihr vielleicht euren Senf dazu geben wollt, beantworte ich sie mal hier!

Der erste Roman, der mir richtig gut gefallen hat, ist erfreulicherweise der, den ich gerade �bersetze: AFTERPARTY von Daryl Gregory (2014). Ein Krimi um Drogen aus dem Drucker, besonders um eine, die dich Gott sehen l�sst. Ich habe hier schon dar�ber geschrieben, und dort findet ihr Gregorys Seite zum Buch.

Auch der zweite Roman wurde hier schon vorgestellt: THE DISESTABLISHMENT OF PARADISE von Phillip Mann (2013). Eine immer schamanischer werdende letzte Forschungsreise �ber einen Planeten, der von den Siedlern wieder aufgegeben wird. Manns Seite zum Buch findet ihr dort.

Fehlt noch der dritte, den ich erst k�rzlich gelesen habe: SOMETHING COMING THROUGH von Paul McAuley (2015). Ein Multikulti-Krimi um Alien-Artefakte und -Meme, die nicht nur bei uns auf der Erde f�r Chaos sorgen, was nicht allen Beteiligten gef�llt, manchen aber schon. Die Verlagsseite zum Buch findet ihr dort.

Alle drei B�cher haben gemeinsam, dass in ihnen keine Apokalypsen breitgewalzt werden, sondern dass sie kurz und knackig sind und ihr Blickwinkel ein lakonisch-optimistischer ist. Was mit ein Grund ist, warum sie mir so gefallen!

Richtig gut geschrieben sind sie nat�rlich auch, jedes mit seiner eigenen, klaren und vollen Stimme, SOMETHING am lebendigsten, AFTERPARTY am coolsten, PARADISE am virtuosesten.


Fragen, Anmerkungen, eigene Tipps f�r den guten Ruben bitte in die Kommentare!

***

Nachtrag 26.08. - Paul McAuley f�hrt �brigens auch ein lesenswertes Blog.



-----

English summary for foreign readers: The three recent sf novels I liked most in the last months

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...