Skip to main content

DTs At the Lodge

DTs At the Lodge






Id like to apologize to all the casual visitors & regular friends of this here web-blob. I have been more than remiss in my musickal dissemination of tuneage as of late. I have to admit that I have been suffering from a major bout of depression. I call it the DTs, or the Donald Trumpitis. Very few activities are able to even momentarily shake me from my dread. As Zardoz so succinctly stated, "I have seen the future, & it does not work." One thing that works is blaming anything negative on Trump, even the smallest of events, like stubbing my toe or a hang-nail, a bad driver or a stoopid redneck. Another is that every time I see feces lying about in public, be it canine, human, or other, I loudly declare, "Trump!" But the best thing that keeps me from thinking about the inevitable is 24 hr DUB.

So while anyone who visits here knows, I loves my Dubs, I am after all a proud member of the Brotherhood of Dub, but I have been only (infrequently at that) posting up Dub (its what Im listening to constantly, it is my mental balm). I have been ignoring all the other great craziness with which I usually enjoy polluting this space. I have some exciting new Bill musick (both Nelson & Laswell) I need to share. Literally hundreds of visitors have asked me when Im going to post up the rest of the Mongolian music from Musick Around the World (Mongolia 2.0 � some 57 different releases � the first section was only 27 releases). I definitely need to get back to the project I began in August 2015, going through a folder I have called "Musick that Needs Work". That meant anything from cleaning up the sound to fixing the tags to getting the art work, whatever. The last time I worked on that gem was July 2016 with "What the H". Thats still the most heavily viewed & downloaded posts here. I need to get on with I, but in these tragic times I have a hard time concentrating on I.

I do promise that as soon as I can get my head above the surface of this morass I will start posting all the above mentioned things (& more). Because I believe I owe it to you all, here is a taste from I.

Ikara Colt � Chat & Business, Fantastic Plastic Records fpcd005x, 2002.
decryption code in comments

tracklist �

One Note
Rudd
Bishop�s Son
City of Glass
Pop Group
Belgravia
Sink Venice
After This
At the Lodge
Here We Go Again
May B 1 Day
Video Clip Show

hidden track � Escalate


Ikara Colt is: Claire Ingram � guitar & vocals; Jon Ball � bass & keyboards;
Paul Resende � keyboards & vocals; Dominic Young � drums.

Lets Wreck the Party,
N�

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...