Skip to main content

Dump Memory Grabber BlackPOS Win32 Pocardler A

Dump Memory Grabber BlackPOS Win32 Pocardler A


Having a look on another POS malware named by AV guys BlackPOS:

MD5: cbd268e260bf40c25f1bff8b85e04e01
The original exe is packed with UPX and have a size of (292 Kb)
After unpacking the exe size is 754 Kb and the Time/Date Stamp: 512A2914 (24-02-2013 - 14:52:04)
 First seen in VirusTotal... right now


This malware retrieve the path of %USERPROFILE%:

At this step we can trick it like ProjectHook to display a leet GUI:
 Just take the jump:

Now if we dont take it, it copy the actual file to %USERPROFILE% with the name svhst.exe

execute the original exe with argument /silentinstall

Ive choose to NOP the line to continue without infecting my vm, and whats he do next ?
The same crap but this time with argument /firewall"

Re-NOPed the line and... yeah, you guessed it, still WinExec with "Netsh firewall set opmode disable"
Netsh = network shell, this command will disable the Windows firewall.

Then he delete the file dum.exe (???)

He create after a registry entry: SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun

RegSetValueExA with svch�t as name and %USERPROFILE%/svhst.exe as key.
RegCloseKey:

Now he will load a exe file from ressource:

And file dum.exe is made (the exe file he tryed to delete earlier)
 Write it:
And Close when everything is cool:

SetFileAttributesA:

Open it with SW_HIDE:

But what is it new file ?
Yo dawg i herd you like POS malware so we put a POS malware in yo POS malware so you can grab will u grab
MD5: 7f9cdc380eeed16eaab3e48d59f271aa

But if he ShellExecuteA mmon.exe, that mean it swiping time !

So, mmon.exe generate us a file output.txt with our track2. and this output.txt is of course visible.

Meanwhile, BlackPos do a sleep of 400000 ms (6 minutes and 40 seconds) leaving the time for mmon.exe to search track2:

After this sleep, it take output.txt of mmon and try to Create it to see if the file already exist:
 Read the content:
 Close it:
And create a new text file "03.05.25.txt":

Then he add the content of output.txt inside "03.05.25.txt" and set the file hidden:

Then he connect to FTP (what a good idea!)

.netai.net... maybe he grabbed not enough track2 to buy a decent hosting.

Compare if the domain is equal to localhost:


The he upload the TXT on reports folder and delete dum.exe and output.txt
Then ive stopped here, since im at the end of the procedure he surely loop the process of scanning with mmon.

If you want to see whats look like the panel for this sample:
� dns: 1 �� ip: 31.170.161.116 - adresse: KROKODIL.NETAI.NET


Panel of another sample (d9cc74f36ff173343c6c7e9b4db228cd):
� dns: 1 �� ip: 31.170.163.50 - adresse: SOBACHKA.COMZE.COM

Old panel of the coder (ree4):
� dns: 1 �� ip: 109.234.159.254 - adresse: REE4.7CI.RU

The panel is primitive like the malware himself.

Conclusion: /facepalm





download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...