Skip to main content

EAR BLEEDING DISORDER Its Causes and Cure v 2

EAR BLEEDING DISORDER Its Causes and Cure v 2




I had already been exchanging letters, trading tapes and talking on the phone with Joshua �Ace� Stough for a couple of years at that point, but 1997 was the year my friend Brian (drummer of C3L) and I first made the 12 hour drive to Denver to meet Josh. Josh had just moved back in with his father and seeing how he�d not met either of us before then, he wasn�t sure if it would be okay for us to stay at his father�s house. Instead, we ended up sleeping at EAR BLEEDING DISORDER�s rehearsal space in an old school building in the middle of Five Points, a ghetto in Denver sometimes referred to as �Harlem of the West�. Not only was I not crazy about leaving my car parked on the street overnight, the building had no air conditioning or even windows that opened. There were no showers or working plumbing. It was the middle of July and the smell in that room reached epic heights, but we spent most of our daytime hours driving around doing things, so the heat was tolerable at night. Strong, lasting friendships were formed that summer, so it was worth all the inconvenience.

EAR BLEEDING DISORDER was a band made up of members of REFORM CONTROL, DRATSAB and DISMEMBERED FETUS. I don�t remember how Haroldo and Josh met each other, but they came from two fairly different music scenes: Josh from the death metal/noisecore scene and Haroldo from the hardcore/punk scene. Kevin and Haroldo knew each other from the hardcore scene, even releasing a split 7� with each others bands. Somehow E.B.D. came to be and we happened to be there in the middle of it. We saw them rehearse at least a couple of times, caught one of only a few shows they played during their short existence and even recorded a C3L session with all of the members of E.B.D. and released it as a split 7� with UNHOLY GRAVE. Another C3L session was recorded and released as a split tape with DUECE during that trip with everyone in E.B.D. but Haroldo present. It was a fun week and I made several trips back out there to see Josh and Kevin, some with Brian, some on my own.

EAR BLEEDING DISORDER only recorded in the studio one time, a session that yielded their split 7� with LAUGHING DOG, 17 tracks for the �Chords of Chaos� CD compilation and 6 short blasts of noise for the �Attacked by Bees�� cassette compilation I released before starting up Mortville. Strangely, all of their tracks from their split 7� with the exception of �Magnumb� also appear on the �Chords of Chaos� CD. Some of the songs had different titles on their two releases even though they were the exact same recording. The live tracks on this collection were sourced from a second generation VHS tape, some of which don�t appear on any of their releases making it impossible to attach song titles to them. This 46 track collection contains every scrap of audio I had in my possession.

Just as I don�t remember how the members of E.B.D. met each other, I don�t remember the circumstances surrounding their breakup. Josh reformed his old band YEAST INFECTION a couple of years later, Haroldo took over the drummer position in CATHETER and Kevin did a tour with C3L in the summer of 1999 and has been laying low since then. I haven�t heard from their singer, Brian, since E.B.D. broke up, no clue what he�s doing now.

Thanks to Chris Petersen for bringing the demo recording to my attention and expanding this collection from 46 tracks to 58.


Split 7" with LAUGHING DOG
(Bad People Records + Riotous Assembly / 1997)



"Chords of Chaos" compilation CD
(Lofty Storm Records / 1998)



"Hymns For the Hearing Impaired Volume I" compilation CD
(Bad People Records + Riotous Assembly / 1999)



�I WANNA SEE A SICK PIT FOR THIS ONE."

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...