Skip to main content

Elvin Bishop Struttin My Stuff 1975 us fine southern funky blues rock 2013 japan SHM remaster

Elvin Bishop Struttin My Stuff 1975 us fine southern funky blues rock 2013 japan SHM remaster




Shortly after recording this show for the King Biscuit Flower Hour in April 1976, Elvin Bishop, along with his current album at that time, Struttin My Stuff, made it to the #2 position on the Billboard pop chart and went gold (thanks, in large part, to its hit single, "Fooled Around And Fell In Love"). The single was already a hit, but it was this Biscuit show that gave Bishop his first extensive national radio exposure.

In addition to Elvin Bishop himself on guitar and vocals, the group featured on his recording was made up of bassist Fly Brooks, keyboardist Bill Slais, second guitarist Johnny Vernazza, drummer Donny Baldwin and vocalists Reni Slais and Mickey Thomas. Thomas, who had charted his first international hit as the singer on "Fooled Around," would emerge two years later (along with Baldwin) as a member of rock-revamped Jefferson Starship, with whom they would reach superstar status, thanks to hits like "Find Your Way Back" and "We Built This City." 
Paste-Mag
Tracks
1. Struttin My Stuff (Philip Aaberg, Elvin Bishop ) - 4:09
2. Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey (Philip Aaberg, Elvin Bishop, Mickey Thomas) - 3:30
3. My Girl (Smokey Robinson, Ronald White) - 3:05
4. I Love The Life I Lead - 2:29
5. Fooled Around And Fell In Love - 4:35
6. Holler And Shout - 3:11
7. Slick Titty Boom - 5:00
8. Grab All The Love - 2:52
9. Have A Good Time - 2:30
10.Joy - 4:02
11.Silent Night (Traditional Arr. Elvin Bishop) - 4:00
12.Silent Night (Instrumental) - 4:15
All songs by Elvin Bishop except where stated
Bonus tracks 11-12

Personnel
*Elvin Bishop - Rhythm, Slide Guitar, Vocals
*Donny Baldwin - Congas, Drums, Percussion, Vocals
*Philip Aaberg - Clavinet, Keyboards, Piano
*Michael Brooks - Bass
*Terry Hanck - Tenor Saxophone
*Mike Keck - Keyboards, Organ, Piano
*Bill Slais - Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals
*Mickey Thomas - Vocals
*John Vernazza - Rhythm, Slide Guitar, Vocals

1969-70/72  Party Till The Cows Come Home
1974  Elvin Bishop - Let It Flow
1977  Live! Raisin Hell (2012 remaster)

with Paul Butterfield Blues Band
1964  The Original Lost Elektra Sessions
1965  The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
1966  East West
1966-68  Strawberry Jam

Free Text
the Free Text

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...