Skip to main content

Emmy Nominees Include Westworld SNL Feud and This Is Us

Emmy Nominees Include Westworld SNL Feud and This Is Us



NBCs Saturday Night Live and HBOs Westworld (pictured above) dominated the Emmy nominations this past week with both shows garnering 22 nods each. Westworld is vying for Best Drama Series, Best Actor (Anthony Hopkins) and Best Actress (Evan Rachel Wood), while Saturday Night Live is nominated for Best Variety Sketch Series and picked up nine nods, overall, in the Supporting Actress and Actor categories, along with Guest Actress and Actor categories. FXs Feud and Netflixs Stranger Things received 18 nominations each, while HBOs Veep was close behind with 17.  Feud is up for Best Limited Series and Lead Actress in a TV Movie or Limited Series (Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon), while supporting cast members Alfred Molina, Stanley Tucci, Judy Davis and Gaby Hoffman were also recognized for their outstanding work. Aforementioned Stranger Things is nominated for Best Drama Series, while Veep is vying for Best Comedy Series. NBCs This Is Us also did very well and is nominated for Drama Series and seven of its regular and guest cast members are also up for an Emmy. 

I am pleased with the attention for Feud and This Is Us, as well as the nominations for AMCs Better Call Saul, FXs Fargo, ABCs American Crime and How To Get Away With Murder and HBOs The Leftovers. However, I am disappointed that John Lithgow did not receive a nomination for his great work in the NBC comedy Trial & Error (however, Lithgow is up for Supporting Actor in a Drama for Netflixs The Crown). In addition, the excellent final season of A&Es  Bates Motel was overlooked, along with the performance by Mary Elizabeth Winstead in Fargo. 

This years Emmy Awards will be hosted by Stephen Colbert and will be held on Sunday, September 17, 2017. The awards will be telecast on CBS. A list of major nominees follows. For a complete list of nominees, go here. 

Drama Series
Better Call Saul
The Crown
The Handmaids Tale
Stranger Things
This Is Us
Westworld

Comedy Series
Atlanta
Black-ish
Master of None
Modern Family
Silicon Valley
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Veep

Limited Series or TV Movie
Big Little Lies
Fargo
Feud: Bette and Joan
The Night Of
Genius

Lead Actress in a Drama Series
Viola Davis - How to Get Away with Murder
Claire Foy - The Crown
Elisabeth Moss - The Handmaids Tale
Keri Russell - The Americans
Evan Rachel Wood - Westworld
Robin Wright - House of Cards

Lead Actor in a Drama Series 
Sterling K. Brown - This Is Us
Anthony Hopkins - Westworld
Bob Odenkirk - Better Call Saul
Matthew Rhys - The Americans
Liev Schreiber - Ray Donovan
Kevin Spacey - House of Cards
Milo Ventimiglia - This Is Us

Lead Actor in a Comedy Series
Anthony Anderson - Black-ish
Aziz Ansari - Master of None
Zach Galifianakis - Baskets
Donald Glover - Atlanta
download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...