Skip to main content

Enterprise Slack apps on Google Cloud now easier than ever

Enterprise Slack apps on Google Cloud now easier than ever




Slack recently announced a new, streamlined path to building apps, opening the door to corporate engineers to build fully featured internal integrations for companies of all sizes.

You can now make an app that supports any Slack API feature such as message buttons, threads and the Events API without having to enable app distribution. This means you can keep the app private to your team as an internal integration.
With support for the Events API in internal integrations, you can now use platforms like Google App Engine or Cloud Functions to host a Slack bot or app just for your team. Even if youre building an app for multiple teams, internal integrations let you focus on developing your app logic first and wait to implement the OAuth2 flow for distribution until youre ready.

Weve updated the Google Cloud Platform samples for Slack to use this new flow. With samples for multiple programming languages, including Node.js, Java, and Go, its easier than ever to get started building Slack apps on Google Cloud Platform (GCP).

Slack bots also made an appearance at Google Cloud Next 17. Check out the video for best practices for building bots for the enterprise from Amir Shevat, head of developer relations at Slack, and Alan Ho from Google Cloud.


Questions? Comments? Come chat with us on the #bots channel in the Google Cloud Platform Slack community.

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...