"Egads! Theres a talking frog in my house", said the talking lizard.
Weve "played" Everquest 2 for a few hours last night, without actually playing in the traditional sense. Without killing anything, gaining levels or making progress. I invited Claire and her mum over to my house in Qeynos. It was easy enough to teleport one of them right into my living room, but then the teleport feature acted up when it was time to move Claire, so she had to sneak into the city on foot.
Claire is playing a huge dragon-like Sarnak and theyre not exactly welcome in my city. So she had to crawl through the sewers and then have her own personal version of the Zelda OoT guard minigame - except, if the guards catch you trespassing on EQ2, theyll brutally murder you. It took a while to sneak her half the city watch, but eventually, we all ended up in my home, where everybody had stuffed turkey and hot chocolate. Its not exactly the season for that kind of stuff, but its the only food I have up for grabs in my house right now.
The buffet is open - ignore the random animals.
The festivities were interrupted when one of my guests tripped over the corpse of Donald. Hes the little mallard, who usually sits by the little pond in my garden. Somehow he ended up dead on the rug. It took a little while to figure out how to revive him. And the murderer struck again while we were busy bringing the duck back to life, leaving a trail of corpses out in the garden. Turns out my little flying robot guardians, Gamestation and Playcube, are ruthless killers. Theyve chopped all my pets to bits and even Kate Moss, my pet skeleton, was all over the place.
All the animals were doomed! Not the frog, though, hes Claires mother.
I ended up relocating the evil killer robots to the bedroom, which worked out okay- That is, until we decided to leave and go about our daily business. Claire caught one of the robots sneaking out of the bedroom while she was in the process of teleporting out. She caught him eliminating Zoidberg (lil squid-faced guy on the picture above) by electrocution, but she was already in the middle of the zoning process. Maybe Im gonna have to put them in a shelter.
Meanwhile, Claire has rented herself a nice, big estate with a huge balcony, which lets you look all across the beach of Timorous Deep, the little island where the Sarnaks live. She has spent all day crafting carpets and bookshelves and all kinds of stuff to furnish and decorate her place. Ive connected our homes with a portal now, so we can easily move from her home to mine and back, across seas and continents, without having to worry about guards or crawling through sewers. Yay!
And then I just realized you can also live on a boat and OMFGIWANTONE!1
DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...
DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release. Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...
DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...