Skip to main content

Estasi with The Gluts An Interview

Estasi with The Gluts An Interview



Houve uma �poca onde havia uma padr�o de qualidade relacionado a gravadoras, leia-se, Creation, 4AD, SST, Blast First, Sub Pop, Kranky, entre outras, mas depois de certo tempo esse padr�o come�ou a perder o sentido, enfim a m�sica mudou, as gravadoras perderam o conceito inicial e este conceito de padr�o de qualidade foi perdido.

Fato que aos poucos vem mudando, lentamente � verdade, mas esta acontecendo gradativamente, e um desses exemplos � a Fuzz Club Records, basicamente n�o existe nada que os caras colocam no mercado que n�o seja de qualidade, bandas e mais bandas perturbadoras, ou com um elo entre si.

E um dos mais recentes esporros que Fuzz nos apresenta s�o os italianos do The Gluts. depois de um single e sua estreia em "Warsaw", os caras atacam agora com o carimbo Fuzz Club, seu psych doentio, com doses cavalares de Joy Division, Killing Joke, um psych ca�tico e suicida � o que se ouve em "Estasi" que veio ao mundo h� poucos dias.

N�o existe luz no mundo do The Gluts, apenas o apocalipse sendo cortejado por rajadas de barulho.

N�o recomendo a indie kids.


***** Interview with The Gluts *****


Q. When did The Gluts start? Tell us about the history...
To make it simple, Marco and Nico started the band together with their sister Claudia.
We realise a single "tears of ink" recorded on the Alps, in the studio of Franky and Dave from the Throw Down Bones. We were good friends. The single has been mixed by James Aparicio in London and so we did with our first album WARSAW.
First we published the album on vinyl by our own and then Nasoni Records got crazy for it and wanted to repress it in a limited pink fluo edition.

In May our second album will be out on Fuzz club. Our first tour in Europe will follow. We are very much looking forward to play in the main cities of our continent!

Now we finally found our drummer, Dario. Before we got some drummers that were helping us in studio and live. So apparently the Gluts are no more a trio!

Q: Who are your influences?
We all come from different experiences. The most common influences are the sounds from late 70s and the 80s.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time�
Make a list of masterpieces might sound boring so except Unknown Pleasure (which definitely is a masterpiece) the other 4 simply are great and in a way cleaver albums we enjoyed a lot!

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
Refused - The Shape of Punk to Come
The Amazing Snakeheads - Amphetamine Ballads
The Hives - Tyrannosaurus Hives
Sleaford Mods - Divide and Exit

Q. How do you feel playing live?
being on a stage is our habitat, we like to spend ours practice and writing songs, it is cool to be for a week in a studio, but when comes the time to be on stage... well that is what we prefer and where you probably can catch The Gluts sound.

Q. How do you describe The Gluts sounds?
Pretty punk and real? The sound is rough and harsh for sure. We tend to go straight to the point I guess.


Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Do you mean in studio? Well we dont have big budgets so we know we have limited time to spend in. What we try to do is to arrive with some concreate ideas. Then we record everything live both for saving time and catching the right intention and sound. We are pretty fast so we always have extra time to improvise and create new tracks directly in studio.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
Weve heard couple of tracks from Dion Lunadons new album and should sound damn good!
If someone is into Italian music check Francesco Motta, last year he published his first solo album and really is something good for being a pop album.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
Make a cover is always hard. Weve just recorded one from Massive Attack. We hope to get the chance to put that on a record soon.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
We are very much looking forward for the May 5th to have the album out and then start touring in Europe.

Q: Any parting words?
Dont miss our next shows...the new merch is amazing :)
*
*
*
Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/thegluts/
https://fuzzclub.bandcamp.com/album/estasi
http://www.thegluts.org/

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...