Skip to main content

Everquest 2 Funny Faces Fighting Raptors

Everquest 2 Funny Faces Fighting Raptors


Ugh! Its another fucking Everquest blog!
Yeah, yeah... its that time again.
Im fully aware that Im talking about some MMO youve been ignoring for over a decade and nothing is gonna change that. So Im not gonna talk about how Everquest 2 is oh so fucking great and you should totally try it, because Id be lying to most of you.

Instead, heres just a little quickie about two unique little features I really enjoy about this game. Perhaps stuff like that exists in other MMORPGs as well, but Im not aware of it. First of all, I can now make my characters pull some incredibly stupid faces.

Hey!
While SOEmote has been hyped as a cool new feature for the (eventually, maybe, one far away day) upcoming Everquest Next, it has already been implemented into Everquest 2 for a while and its glorious. The game recognizes your facial expression and transfers it onto your character. Its not perfect, it works better on some faces than others and Claires character looks like Daenerys Targaryen before her first cup of coffee, but its an amazing little toy, which equally fascinates and entertains me.



Theres almost a faint Disney-Pixar kind of flair going on here. If nothing else, you can truly act "in character" now.

Another fun thing is mounted combat. Look, its not exactly the greatest thing since tits and the animations look kinda goofy on older mounts. If nothing else, its nice and convenient how you can fight shit without having to dismount. And you can make the mount temporarily "disappear" in combat if you dont like fighting on horseback. But theres nothing quite like attacking something whilst riding a raptor, only to watch the dino join the fight and pounce on your enemy. In fact, many mounts have combat stats on them and provide all kinds of passive DPS bonuses, so mounted combat is a good thing and can look pretty good, too. Look at the raptor in this little video:



I think thats pretty neat.

-Cat

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...