Skip to main content

Evolution Ensemble Unity Concrete voices EEU LP 01 1976 Kondo Takagi Yoshida

Evolution Ensemble Unity Concrete voices EEU LP 01 1976 Kondo Takagi Yoshida























Heres another rare Gem from Pierre , who has kindly offered to share this... rarity aside, most importantly this is Great Music..


Anyone not having had the opportunity to discover Toshinori Kondo , or who has only heard the very dissapointing pop jazz and fusion collaborations with Bill Laswell , can be assured that this is the real deal comparable to a great many wonderful independent releases from Europe ,and the States in the Golden Era of the late 70s.

How to describe this varying record is another matter ... ecstatic yes ... thoughtful and replete with moments of sensitive interplay ... as well!
this touches a number of bases .. from familiar tunes such as Monks Brilliant Corners , and Lacys Bone , both of which are accorded excitingly rag-tag rambunctious performances.... to all out Free improv.


Free music in the late seventies was still in an exploratory phase , and other than the requisite virtues and intensitys a lot of it was imbued with an unselfconscious humour , which to me seems largely lacking or strained in todays scene..
Certainly that element is present here in healthy doses.. it particularly infuses the aforementioned covers..

The meatiest track quite apart from its length for me at any rate is concrete voices an interactive suite of freely developed motifs and variations thereof.
which brings to mind , a flayed mutant version of the nascent free jazz classic out of nowhere by Don Ellis( CANDID 1961)... also, one hears the spirit of Mingus at Antibes, and many touches of Pre Bop idioms, something that American bands, such as AIR and almost every other group of note were exploring at the time.


A beautiful record , undeservedly languishing as a grotesquely over priced collectors item on auction sites.
S

HERES AN ALTERNATE(SOMEWHAT HISTRIONIC,& HYPERBOLIC) REVIEW.. FROM Tiliqua Records in Japan, who were selling this lp for $250.00 US Dollars


"EVOLUTION ENSEMBLE UNITY: �Concrete Voices� (EEU Records/ ALMRecords � EEU-001/ AL-3003) (Record: Near Mint/ Jacket: Near Mint/ 4-pagedBooklet: Near Mint). Hideously scarce Japanese private press free jazzmonster released in 1976 in collaboration with the legendary ALM KojimaRecords. The line-up for this legendary combo consisted out of sax howlingmonster Takagi Mototeru, trumpet and alto horn blower Toshinori Kondo andskin mangler/ bass mugger Mori Yoshida. The A-side of this disc was recordedlive in concert at the live house Kalavinka on November 2nd, 1976, therewere the B-side was conceived live at Space Out on September 24, 1976. AidaAquirax describes in his liner notes the EEU ensemble as the spear headersof the Japanese New Jazz Scene, the successors of the old school free jazzstages. And it makes sense especially when one realizes that a gutter-liketake on jazz academics gets entangled with a fire breathing freeimprovisation blowout, merging high art and low guts splendidly into onewrenching ball of well balanced but fierce improvisational interplay. TheEEU first got together on July 1975 and the sonic voyage they envision onthis � their sole - LP blends the aforementioned aesthetic by combiningoriginal blow outs with original takes on structural compositions by SteveLacey and Thelonius Monk (side a), only to fully blossom and pull open allregisters on the side long �Concrete Voices� track which can be seen as thetotal epic that maps out the wide range of free-fall interplay theperformance horizon of the EEU can accumulate. It merges a reductionistaesthetic to an impressionistic improvisation that follows no predeterminedharmony. Mototeru Takagi again shines through all of this, and for mepersonally he again proofs he was the hottest free jazz saxophone howler ofthe archipelago, the hardest gut-wrenching blower the Far East has everencountered. Toshinori Kondo also shines brightly with uncanny potential andadventurous moves, making this disc one of the unsung cornerstones ofimprovised music in Japan. Only a shame that almost no-one has ever heard ofthis beauty, partly due to its scarcity and extremely small pressednumbers�.so time to get your collective headz out of yer asses and face themusic. This is the shit! Price: 250 Dollars"

Kondos my space page.....here
more good stuff-here
and here AND HERE

download file now

Popular posts from this blog

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases

DVD Review Midsomer Murders Tom Barnabys Last Cases Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases DVD 15-Discs (24 hours) Released by Acorn Media on March 26, 2013. SRP $149.99 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 16:9 �I�m going to have my cake and eat it.� I was reading my review I did last year for the DVD set Midsomer Murders: Mayhem & Mystery Files and I was thinking how strange it was to have a period of my life without having this series I could go back to again and again. When I wrote the first review for this series, I knew I was going to like it but I was really surprised by how much I liked it. That DVD set is one that I go back to often. Luckily I have a short-term memory so I am not always sure who the murderer was but I really enjoy the settings and main characters. Purchasing this title from the link above directly helps my site! When I was able to review this new set, Midsomer Murders: Tom Barnaby�s Last Cases , I was very happy because I was able to see more great episod...

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions

DVD Review Three Classic Charles Dickens BBC Productions As a fan of British television, especially programs from the 1960s & 1970s, I have been keeping my eye on what Simply Media has been outputting especially over the last couple of years. I have seen programs such as Softly, Softly: Taskforce , Doomwatch , Hugh and I , and Dr. Finlay�s Casebook get a DVD release.  Pretty much all of the releases above, I would have never thought any of those would have received a release in a physical format. It�s great to be wrong about this sort of thing because Simply Media keeps putting out content that features some of the heyday of BBC production. Monday, July 03 sees the release of the first set of Charles Dickens classics all produced by the BBC. Three separate titles have been released for the first time on DVD and it has been a treat to watch these: Our Mutual Friend (1958), Great Expectations (1967) & Dombey And Son (1969). I guess what I am really pleased about with this ...

DVD Review The Ice Warriors

DVD Review The Ice Warriors Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Special Edition 2-DVD Set   (Main Feature: 143 min) Released by BBC Home Entertainment on September 17, 2013. SRP $34.98 (DVD) Subtitles: English SDH 4:3 Mono black & white (Main Feature) For those who do not want to believe a large cache of missing Doctor Who episodes have been returned, we get another release that takes missing episodes and gives it new lease on life by being animated. This time we look at the very first story to feature that race from Mars known as the Ice Warriors. It supports a tremendous guest cast, generally looks really good and is considered an all-time classic from the famous Season 5 �Monster Season� of Doctor Who . This seems to have everything but yet I find that I have always been underwhelmed by the story. I go a long way back with The Ice Warriors . When I was younger and was into the whole video tape-trading culture, we were extremely happy when we heard the discovery of Episodes 1,4,5,6...